Monday, May 16, 2011

Final Blog Post: Part II

http://youtu.be/4e8avPkjRL4

I chose this video because I thoroughly enjoyed this monologue. I feel this speech is really rateable to real life, and as it was an issue back in Shakespearean times I feel that some still find it in issue today. What Macbeth is saying here is that life isn't always a bed of roses, and his case he is finally realizing he is no exception and never will be. And rather than living a miserable life, unable to escape hell he would rather but an end to his misery. The major theme being demonstrated here is that no matter who you are, you will always have struggles in life. As Shakespeare clearly illustrates, to be a king or a person in power is no exception to this rule. In fact, I feel as though Shakespearean works illustrate quite the opposite; meaning if you are a king or are in a higher power your life struggles tend to be that much more challenging than the norm.

No comments: