Sunday, May 15, 2011

Final Blog Part II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--HR7PWfp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC9G_CZVAL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI2hiQNiyW4&playnext=1&list=PLA0D691518008D207

I had a hard time finding just one video clip for this assignment. I ended up choosing 2 clips that interested me, and the third is just for a good laugh. I hope to become a teacher one day and I thought this first clip, BBC Shakespeare Animated Tales, was great for teaching Macbeth to children. Children love cartoons, and they are more engaged in animations rather than just reading a book. I have never watched a cartoon of Macbeth, but this 9 min video does a good job telling the story. Some parts are too gruesome for children to watch, such as when Macbeth kills Duncan, so this may not be good for younger children. This is also great for anyone that has a hard time understanding Shakespeare.
I also chose BBC’s Blackadder “Don’t mention Macbeth” because I found it hilarious and Macbeth is one of my favorite plays we read. Blackadder is a historical sitcom on the British Comedy Channel. I remember watching this in another class and I thought it was hilarious. Saying “Macbeth” is considered by those involved in acting to be very bad luck. This legend started with the death of a boy playing Lady Macbeth backstage on opening night in 1606. In this episode, every time Blackadder mentions “Macbeth,” the two gentlemen scream: “Aahhh how potato, orchestra stalls, puck will make amends.” The men tell Blackadder that he is “exercising evil spirits” by mentioning the name of the Scottish play.

No comments: