Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shakespeare sketch - A Small Rewrite

I found this to be very witty and entertaining. It didn't have much to do with the plays that we read during the course of this semester, except for the mention of King Lear, really. But for me, it did bring in some insight and questions that I had about Shakespeare, (Bill or Shakey) in general. I wonder if Shakespeare did have an editor? Or if he ran his work by a friend for some insights or comments. I also wonder if he took into consideration the lenght of his plays, when they were actually performed? Like the "editor" mentions in this video, he states that the audience sits on these uncomfortable wooden seats, with no backs to them for hours at a time. I wonder if Shakespeare ever took that into consideration or cut certain points of his works out. Through this comedic video portraying "Shakespeare getting his work edited, it did bring some questions to mind, like the ones I stated. It's hard to fully understand what went on in the true mind of Shakespeare, because of how long ago this all happened. We can only ask questions and make inferences of what really happened. This video, though funny, can be a true testiment of what might have happened with Shakespear and his editor; if he even had one. We can only wonder....

No comments: